Working to a high quality standard we manage designs from first concept through to commercial release of medical devices. In so doing we collaborate with first class vendors in technical solutions, industrial design, packaging, clinical trials and market development. As part of our team you will be exposed to experts across these areas as well as the exciting medical devices we are managing to success.
CAREERS AT VESTECH
We are currently recruiting for the following roles at Vestech. If you choose to apply, please use the form here to introduce yourself and to attach your CV. We will get back to you once we have assessed your application.
Vestech Medical Pty Ltd designs and manufactures medical devices. We are seeking a qualified Engineer with minimum 4 years professional experience, to complement our existing team. The successful applicant will need to have experience working in a medical device product development team, preferably in transferring the design into production.
Role will be require working with internal and external teams to create product specifications from customer requirements; perform dFMEAs and pFMEAs; develop verification and validation test protocols; and work with external suppliers to create quality plans and ensure design requirements are accurately translated into production specifications. Previous experience in developing electromechanical devices, with software (IEC 62304), as well as transferring product designs to overseas vendors, would be desirable.
- Create Product Requirements and Specifications from Customer Requirements
- 3D modelling and Engineering Drawings
- Validation and Verification Test Protocols and Reports
- Risk Management File – dFMEA and pFMEA
- Prepare documentation required for regulatory submission
- Liaise with external laboratories to conduct feasibility and V&V testing on prototypes
- Work with production vendor during the Design Transfer phase to transition the device from design and development into production.
- Create Device Master Records, such as Inspection Documentation, Work Instructions and Production Drawings
Required Skills and Knowledge
- Bachelor of Engineering Degree recognised by Engineers Australia, ideally Mechanical or Mechatronics
- Min 4 years’ experience in Medical Device Product Development
- CAD Experience (SolidEdge / Creo / Autodesk)
- Creation of Design History Files, such as Design Inputs, Risk Management Documents and V&V protocols and reports.
- Knowledge of AS 1100 and GD&T
- Experience with injection moulding, CNC machining and assembly processes
- Able to work independently and with multiple external stakeholders, including overseas vendors
- Excellent verbal and report writing skills
- Knowledge of ISO 13485:2016 and especially Design Controls
- Customer/client facing skills and presentation are highly advantageous
INDUSTRY INSIGHT & ANALYSIS
What They Say
I have had the pleasure of working with Greg and the team at Vestech for over two years now. With their support and guidance, Needle Calm has been able to accomplish milestones that otherwise would have been impossible.
LAUREN BARBERDirector, Needle Calm
Excellent clarity in a complex area. Very suited to companies trying to find their way, and extremely personable at the same time.
REBECCA CROFTManaging Director, Croft Associates
Dr Roger was a pleasure to work with in his role as the Medical and Scientific Technologies Supplier Advocate during 2013-14. He was professional, innovative, enthusiastic and passionate about achieving practical outcomes to drive the sustainable growth of the medtech sector.
KYLIE CLARKSenior Policy Officer, Department of Industry
Greg Roger brings an incredible breadth of experience & knowledge to the table – engineering, patents, regulatory, medical devices, surgery. And this knowledge is of the first-hand, hard-won variety. What this means is that Greg’s advice tends to be extremely practical and useful.
ROGER PRICECEO, ResQ Devices
Vestech provided invaluable advice on our commercialistion strategy. Their advice prevented loss of scarce time and capital, and alerted us to risks we would face in the future. Our time with Vestech has been critical for our success to date.